Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools – those Stampin’ Up! tools that we just can’t live without. We hope you enjoy our projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping, number 19 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
I know this statement holds true for lots of us: I’d have to say that my favorite tool is the Big Shot. While creating a variety of projects for this hop, I used lots of my tools, hoping that I could find something else that would offer the hop more variety…but that’s just it! The Big Shot offers such variety in all the thinlits, framelits, Bigz, textured impression embossing folders, etc, etc, that this is where I ended up.
TIPS & TRICKS
You Had to be a Big Shot, Didn’t You: Yes, as explained above. I used the Big Shot on three elements here: the embossed brick background and both butterflies.
One Is NOT the Loneliest Number: This card uses Tip Top Taupe ink, cardstock and Designer Series Paper. The only other color is the Whisper White cardstock and we don’t really want to get into the whole “Is white really a color?” thing right now, do we?
The Twist: For the June Pals Blog Hop I showed a technique to make a unqiue accent using fringed ribbon. Check it out here. For this hop I am using the strands removed when fringing the ribbon, in this case the Burlap Ribbon, which gave me the coarse texture and look I wanted behind the DSP.
Thanks for stopping by today! The next stop is Sue Becker at RnR Stamping, number 21 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBIg Academy Stamps!
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Amy at Amy’s Inklings
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pamela Sadler at stampinpinkrose.com
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
Stamp Sets: Watercolor Wings
Papers: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Neutrals Color Collection
Inks: Tip Top Taupe
Accessories: Bold Butterfly Framelits, Brick Wall TIEF, Burlap Ribbon, Metal Rimmed Pearls